Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog 2: Ideal Skincare Products

My Ideal for Skin Care Products are those that will revitalize and hydrate my skin. I want products that use natural ingredients and are good for all types of skin. You never know when I want to make a recommendation. 

Hydration is definitely important for me. I love products that incorporate SPF into there products. Sun protection is key and as I have freckles and am fair skinned, I'm more prone to attracting more exposure than most. I want products that help reduce any redness that may occur because of my eczema and that help get rid of the dark circles under my eyes. Products that help tone your skin as well, such as self tanner or a tinted moisturizer are important to me, so I can achieve a healthy fake glow without sitting at the pool all day taking in those bad cancerous rays. 

I think it's important to help prevent wrinkles at a young age that companies come out with a product line that is targeted to women my ages 20-30 to help with getting into a routine to taking care of your skin and to preventing signs of aging. Of course the products wouldn't need to be as aggressive as if it was for someone in their 40s-50s, but starting healthy habits early doesn't hurt. 


As far as packaging is considered, I like bright packaging. I need something that catches my eye. Modern type and font is important too. Simplicity is sometimes better and being that I'm a creative person, I would definitely purchase something if it was in a cool looking bottle like this for instance. It seems fun and bright. It makes me want to buy it. 

I like combination sets. If a company can produce a line of products that work cohesively with each other and complement each other than I would buy it rather than mixing two or three different companies. I like cohesiveness and I feel if products by the same company work together it will achieve what they say it's supposed to more times than not. 

My ideal texture and application process is dependent on the product.

If it is a cleanser, I want it to be light formula with small exfoliating beads to get deep down into the pores of my skin. I want to feel like it's working and that will let me know that it is.

If it is my moisturizer, because I do tend to have dry skin, I want a thicker cream with a great fragrance, but nothing too overbearing. I want it thick enough that my skin feels hydrated.

If it is an astringent, I don't want it to be too harsh or overly alcohol infused. I want it to be gentile on my skin.

If it is an eye cream, I want to make sure it gets rid of these circles,  even if there is a process that comes with it. I want it to do what it says and get rid of my circles.

If I saw that a company was making all these products, I would most definitely purchase them in a heart beat and change my daily routine. If I knew it works and is working and will continue to work, I am a loyal customer to a brand. 

People will buy a company's products if they treat their customers with respect by not lying to them about their products and following through. People will buy what they try and works for them and never stray. 


No comments:

Post a Comment