Monday, May 2, 2011

Blog 1: Facial Skin

I would say that my facial skin can be described as a bit dry for the most part, although I feel that for most of the year, its more like a combination of both. During the winter months, my skin is extremely dry. I was born with Eczema and while I don't suffer from it now, I did when I was a kid, although I rarely had any rashes on my face, but I definitely had dry skin. The heat and the cold outside doesn't help much as far as keeping my face hydrated, so I drink a lot of water about 6 glasses a day, especially while I'm at my desk at work. I also wash my face at least once or day. My routine tends to change. Sometimes I wash in the morning to help wake up and feel clean or at night after a long day of work or if I come home from being out on the town.


To help combat the dryness my skin can sometimes feel, I use my Aveeno moisturizer that I described earlier. I also try to use an eye cream to help any dryness under/around my eyes.

I find that the T-zone area of my face tends to get oilier especially in areas that I may not have spread my foundation on well enough. The oily spots, more times than not, start to form lovely little friends on my face, which I treat with acne medicine and usually cover up with a strong concealer.


If I feel my face right now after a long day of work, the area between my eyebrows is very oily, while the edges of my face, near my scalp, are dry. I would say other oily spots for me are on the outside of my nostrils where it connects with my face or right underneath above my lip. Some dryness tends to form on the edges, near my scalp, like I said earlier, and usually on my eyelids or the skin underneath my eyebrows or on the bridge of my nose.

My relationship with my skin has always been pretty good. I am most happy when its clear of any blemishes. When I do have a pimple or a zit, my focus is always on that and I am always so impatient for it to go away.
Right now, I have a pimple unfortunately by the bottom right corner of my lip. The picture is below:

No comments:

Post a Comment