Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog 3: Beauty Routines I Can Live Without and How My Routine Came to Be

I could probably live without using foundation and mineral powder as that combination could probably be very pore clogging. Depending how I feel in the morning or where I'm going, I'll use one or the other. If I'm going to work, I'm not in any need to impress anyone, so I'll just use a simple mineral powder for a clear effect. But if I know I'm going out at night about the town, I'll wear the foundation for sure.

I can't live without the highlighter. It's hard to describe until you try it, but it just instantly makes your face better. It brightens it up and gives you a nice accentuation. When I was younger, my routine was a lot smaller and not as regimented. That mainly had to do with the fact that I wasn't the one spending the money on beauty products, but my mother and if something is too expensive, she wasn't going to buy it, especially if she knew I didn't know how to use it. Why waste it, is her motto?

So as I got older and by reading magazines, I learned how to apply makeup and all kinds of techniques and that helped form what I do today and the products I've bought, especially if I've read a great review on it.

I feel my skin care routine is up to par with my friends.  I feel like we've equally talked about how we wash our face to keep it clean and pimple free, but we've also related to each other because of our lazyness at times by going to bed without washing.

I would have to say that I am pretty happy about how I take care of my skin, but what would be great and fun is to learn more about why our skin gets so dehydrated or how companies come to make these products. I'd be curious to learn more about the ingredients and what exactly everything does and how it works together to help our skin.

I only see my skin care changing in the future if I find new products that work better than the ones I'm currently using, which I'll get into in another post because when I shopped at Sephora, I bought a new skin care system, which I'm trying out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment