Monday, May 2, 2011

Blog 2: My Beauty Approach

My overall approach to beauty is I will always use and continue to use what I know works for me. I give a product a few chances to see how it does with my skin and how it makes me look. If it works, I may fall in love with it. Falling in love is good and guarantees that I will continue to buy it until I can't. While I do splurge on some of my beauty and skin care products, I also look for a good sale. A cheaper priced product does not necessarily mean that the product won't be as good as a $60 designer foundation. In fact, it may even work better. Sometimes I will look for alternatives to designer brands, because well it's still a poor economy and gas prices are up and at some point you got to cut.

I also love the fact that a company thinks of me and what I want first. Natural and organic ingredients are definitely a deciding factor for me in purchasing products. I don't want to put dangerous chemicals on my face. I want to look natural and beautiful. I want products that help my skin and that accentuate my beauty.

I also like community and socially conscious companies that get their ingredients in a ethical way.

I like products that are oil-free because face it with pollution, you are bound to gather enough oil and dirt already. I want products that are easy to understand and use. I love products that instantly make me feel beautiful. Products that do what they say they will.

No false advertising. Are you listening, corporate America? Don't lie about your product. Be honest and you'll be rewarded with profits. I love to see women like me in your advertising. REAL women. Not photo-shopped beauties. Honesty and customer care will sell your product and make women fall in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment