Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog 2: Favorite 2 Products

It's so hard to decide what my two favorite products are. You've already learned that I absolutely LOVE High Beam Highlighter. But I won't count that in this.


My 2 Favorite Beauty Products:


It was kind of hard to pick just two, so I put a third that can kind of work as a beauty and skin product.


Maybelline's Mineral Power Foundation - I've found that this foundation works well for my skin. it's never caused any breakouts and it leaves my skin feeling dewy/moisturized without looking oily or too shiny. The packaging is great because it lasts a long time in such a small bottle, that's easy to carry around in my purse. The nozzle could be a bit smaller as sometimes the foundation leaks out of it too quickly, but overall its good standard packaging. The turquoise colored lettering of the word POWER helps it stand out when its among shelves of products, but it  could probably stand out even more with a brighter packaging or white packaging and colored letters.




Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener - $18.00
This is one of my favorite beauty products. This under eye brightener gives my skin an extra addition of moisture and helps me look awake by brightening my dark circles. I either use it by placing a few dabs before adding my concealer or I'll put concealer on first and than dab the brightener over it. The packaging is cute. It looks as though it would have a kind of lip balm nozzle but when you uncap it, its a small brush for easy application.Since the packaging is in pearlized pink, it makes it attractive to women and gives it a more luxurious look to the brand. 

My 2 Favorite Skin Care Products:


I would have to say that my two favorite skin care products at the moment are:


Proactiv Renewing Cleanser-  I don't use it everyday because too much can cause my skin to dry out, but every once and a while it's a good way to get a really deep down clean in my skin. I While I don't suffer from chronic bouts of acne, as I mentioned before my mother does. When she decided to try Proactiv, she became a subscribed member to receive it a few times a year, so I decided to try it and see if it works when I get the occasional pimple. I think because I don't breakout often, I don't really use the salicylic acid solution as much, but just this renewing cleanser, which has tiny beads that help exfoliate your skin without being overly harsh. It makes me feel cleaner and like they are getting any dirt or oil thats stuck deep down in my skin, so I always feel freshfaced when I'm done using it. The packaging is classic I think. Its synonymous with their brand, so I think it works. 





Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent
While some alcohol-based astringents can leave your skin feeling too dried out or even leave you stinging. This one does the trick! It's gentle enough to use on all types of skin in my opinion and it's oil free so your not applying more oil, which defeats the purpose of the astringent to get rid of the oil on your face. It has a great smell to it and their are a few other varieties offered by the company, which is great because there's something for anyone and everyone. I love the clear packaging of the bottle. I like to be able to see the product I'm about to put on before I do, so I know what I'm getting into. 


My favorite beauty/skincare combination product

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
So I had to add this to my favorite products. I have an obsession with all things chapstick or lipbalm and I always keep my lips moisturized no matter what. There isn't a day that goes by that I haven't applied chapstick a few times a day. It's important to moisturize your lips. I think most people forget that and mainly focus on their face, but not only is it taking care of the sensitive skin on your lips, but have smooth  and hydrated lips is important when you go to apply sticky lipglosses, tints or lipsticks, which can dehydrate them. Although today, there are so many glosses, tins, and lipsticks that have a balm like aspect to them, so it's not like they are dehydrating your lips, so always make sure to choose one with that affect.


No comments:

Post a Comment