Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog 3: My Beauty Routine

My Beauty Routine takes longer. I'm not even quite sure how many steps there are too it, but we'll find out now. I will highlight in yellow the steps I could not live without.


1.  I make sure my face is clear of any old makeup residue, especially around my eyelids. It's not good to apply makeup over old makeup. Kinda gross, in fact.


2. My first step is concealer. I place a dot or two underneath my eyes and on any pimply spots on my face. I rub in with my finger or a sponge to make it even. 


3. Next, I take the foundation I am currently using and rub all over my face and I blend it well. 




4. I, then, take my mineral powder and take some of it from the compact and using a buki brush, I brush it onto my face focusing on my forehead, the bridge of my nose, and my chin.



5. Some days, I choose to wear bronzer or blush. I mix it up, but when I do they are placed in strategic areas of my face. I will suck in my lips together like a fish and brush bronzer onto my cheeks in an upward motion going towards my ear. If it's blush, I brush the color onto the apples of my cheeks. I'll also place the bronzer on my forehead and my chin, where sun naturally hits the face.




6. I'll than take an eyeshadow brush and brush my lids with colors, depending on my mood.


7. From there, I take High Beam Highlighter and dab a few spots on my face on the apples of my cheeks, on the inner corner of my eyelids, and the arches of my eyebrows and blend with my skin for a glowy effect.




8. Next, I take black eyeliner usually and rub it onto the inside of my lids for a dramatic look. 


9. Then I use eyeshadow to lengthen my lashes.




10. From there, I will either apply chapstick for a more natural look or a fun lip enhancing gloss. 




All done! I have found that this technique makes my skin look clear, natural and fresh faced. It works for me and I get to incorporate all the products I love to use daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment